[mythtv-users] New to mythtv, need help

Bill Baker bill_chris at earthlink.net
Mon Jan 23 23:02:17 UTC 2006

I have a few questions about my setup, since I can't seem to get it to
work properly:

1) Is it possible to make mythtv work without a soundcard?  What I would
like to do is have all of the sound come out of the TV speakers.

2) When I choose "Watch TV", all I get is a black screen with the
listing for the channel at the bottom.  Could this be related to the
fact that I haven't put a soundcard in my machine?

3) I have successfully gotten the screen to display on my television
set, but the viewing area runs off the TV screen.  I have tried messing
with the xorg.conf file in order to make the whole screen viewable, but
to no avail.  Is there something I can do fix this?

My specifications are below:
500 MHz AMD K-6 CPU
64 MB RAM
30 GB HDD
Hauppauge PVR-350
nVidia GeForce 2 MX video card
Fedora Core 4
setup using steps at Fedora Myth(TV)ology -
http://wilsonet.com/mythtv/fcmyth.php