[mythtv-users] AC3 and/or S/PDIF (again)

Mario Limonciello mario.mailing at gmail.com
Tue Jan 24 06:30:42 UTC 2006

> You have the same card as mine, "Audigy 2".  If there is nobody here
> can provide you a clean way to make it work, drop me a line, I will
> let you know my workaround, which is not so pretty.

Well my primary box has an Audigy 2.  My secondary box has a Audigy
Value 24 Bit (uses the CA0106 driver NOT emu10k1).  From my searches, I
have a feeling there isn't much of a clean way to make it work (unless I
decide to get an adapter to convert the jack for digital out on the
Audigy 24 Bit to be coaxial, and then use SPDIF - but I had poor luck
with that last time I tried.
If you can post your workaround - I think it'd be good for me and future
people getting this rather annoying issue.

Mario