[mythtv-users] Sync rates for Sharp 32 inch LCD

Richard Bronosky mythtv at bronosky.com
Tue Jan 24 19:59:32 UTC 2006

I want to make sure that people don't buy/refuse to by on mixed info.  I
DO have my KnoppMyth box <http://www.bronosky.com/index.php?p=21>
displaying on my Sharp Aquos LC-32D4U with a simple DVI->HDMI cable.  My
concern is fixing the overscan.  I want to know the technical
capabilities of the TV so that I don't hose it with the wrong sync rates.

Matt Mossholder wrote:
> On Tue, 2006-01-24 at 14:45 -0500, Richard Bronosky wrote:
>
>> Just to clarify for all.  The model I have and linked to does not have
>> VGA or DVI input.  No PC mode, and when you call, 1-800-be-sharp they
>> tell you that PC input via the HDMI connector is not supported.  As in
>> "It may work, but we ain't paying people to walk your cheap butt
>> through getting it to work on a TV which you chose not to get the more
>> advanced model of."  Which I think is fair of them, but does not
>> change the fact that I WILL do this with this device. ;-)
>>

> >From my experience, when the vendor is telling you they do not support a
> PC connection over HDMI, it is because they are requiring HDCP from all
> devices that connect to the display. Panasonic does this on my set, for
> example. You can work around this by using an 6xxx or 7xxx series nVidia
> card.
>

> 		--Matt

	Thank you for your time,
	--==<< R i c h a r d   B r o n o s k y >>==--

Nearly all viruses and spyware are designed to use Microsoft internet products.  Protect yourself by avoiding Internet Explorer & Outlook/Outlook Express.