[mythtv-users] analog video camera and Mythtv?

David Watkins watkinshome at gmail.com
Wed Jan 25 11:00:46 UTC 2006

> trouble is - when it was done, the recorded program didn't show up in the
> "recorded programs" part of the GUI.  I can't find where the file was
> recorded to - I did a search on the hard drive (recorded on 1/12/06)
> find / | grep *20060112*  and it came up blank.....

Does grep work with wildcards?  I'd have done:

find / -name "*20060112*" -print

The directory for recordings in specified during mythtvsetup (the
backend setup)  I think by default it's called /store, but that
probably depends what package you installed from.

If your file did get recorded, but isn't showing up, then that's
probably something to do with recording groups.

Manual recording with mythtv is a bit of a palaver.  You might find
the following command easier.  It's what I use for recording from my
VCR, using my PVR 350.

dd if=/dev/video0 of=~/myfile.mpg bs=64k

just CTRL-C when you've finished.