[mythtv-users] Mythtv SVN plugin issues and minor annoyances

itsmebcc itsmebcc at hotmail.com
Wed Jan 25 15:14:00 UTC 2006

Myth version 0.19.20051208-1

I am having a few strange problems. One thing is when I am recording something, half of the time it will not actually show up as being recorded, meaning I cannot find it anywhere. And the other half of the time It just does not show up in recorder shows until after the show has finished recording. Also for some reason after a show is over the screen will pause, doesnt matter if I am recording or not. But it happens exactly when the time changes and there is a new show coming on. Sometimes I can hit Esc. and the video will continue, sometimes it will bring me back to mythtv initial screen, and sometimes I have to ssh into the box and kill mythfrontend. Other than these little annoyances everything seems to work pretty good, although the picture quality leaves a lot to be desired. But I see a few threads currently open about that so I will not go into it here. Oh yes, I also for the life of me cannot seem to get the Rip/Transcode part of the DVD plugin to do anything. I can play DVD's, just fine, but when I try and rip anything it just sits there any says waiting for jobs. I have read and tried everything to get this to work and still nothing. I have tried this with encrypted dvd's non encrypted dvd's and even dvd's that I have authored myself, and still nothing. I do not see anything at all in the logs or front/back output complaining. I did make sure to enable transcode when I compiled.

Forgot to mention that I cannot fast forward or rewind any mpg or divx files that I playback with the Internal player in myth. Havent really looked into this one at all yet, as it is only a minor annoyance to me, but just thought I would mention it since I was putting it all out there.

Thanks