[mythtv-users] Questions about Upcoming 0.19

Greg Estabrooks greg at phaze.org
Wed Jan 25 15:43:45 UTC 2006

> 2. Any thoughts on adding a checkbox to use "classic mode" LiveTV instead of the new version?

 Very doubtful. The old code is no longer there, and it makes no sense
to support two implementations.

> I did a quick test on the SVN version about two weeks ago, and found that my disk subsystem was thrashing a lot more frequently than with 0.18.

 There is nothing about the new implementation of LiveTV that would cause this.
In the end we are still writting one stream to a file, and reading it back.
The main difference is the name of the file and if you had livetv on a
seperate drive the location.