[mythtv-users] avi playback in myth gallery Solved

mike choy mike at acaciaclose.co.uk
Wed Jan 25 19:19:48 UTC 2006

Dawson, Guy wrote:
> Sorry if this is not relevant to your setup, but I had trouble when I
> imported clips from my camcorder using DVGRAB.  When I finally got the
> import working,  the clips would not play through MythGallery.  I trace this
> to the format of the file names generated by DVGRAB which where something
> like DVGRAB.2006-01-05.hh-mm-yy.AVI . To get it working, I had to replace
> the dots (apart from in from of AVI) to get DVGRAB-2006-01-06-hh-mm-yy.AVI.
> Running mplayer from the command line with the original filename worked
> fine, so I suspect that the fault lay with the way mythgallery manages to
> filename internally.
>
> Regards
>

> Guy Dawson

Yep thats done the trick
I had the AVI's in a directory called "xmas 2005" it objected to the
space in the directory names.
Probably also has problems with dots and dashes as well. The really nice
thing is now when I do a Slideshow
it plays the photos and the AVI's!!

Still no thumbnails with 0.181, but this seems to have been fixed in 0.19

Thanks every one for you help. The wife is very happy.

Mike C