[mythtv-users] Fwd: I'm getting real pissed off about IVTV

Peter Darley darley at darleyconsulting.com
Wed Jan 25 20:25:14 UTC 2006

Richard,
	I had a similar but not identical issue.  When I did cat /dev/
video1, I got garbage, instead of a 0 length file.
	I resolved my problem by changing the drivers around.  Apparently
the tuner.ko and tveeprom.ko that came with Fedora was interfering
with the ivtv drivers.  What I did was:

cd /lib/modules/`uname -r`/kernel/drivers/media/video/
mv tuner.ko tuner.ko.bak
mv tveeprom.ko tveeprom.ko.bak

cd /lib/modules/`uname -r`/updates/drivers/media/video
cp tuner-ivtv.ko tuner.ko
cp tveeprom-ivtv.ko tveeprom.ko

modprobe -r ivtv
depmod -a