[mythtv-users] Fwd: I'm getting real pissed off about IVTV

Robin Smith 1canuck2 at gmail.com
Wed Jan 25 21:16:12 UTC 2006

In my recent Gentoo setup I have both a PVR350 and a PVR500. To get the
second tuner going in the PVR500 I had to enter the following options line
in the /etc/modules.d/ivtv (which I think is equiv. to the modprobe.conf in
FC2) config file:

  alias char-major-81 videodev
  alias char-major-81-0 ivtv
  alias char-major-81-1 ivtv
  *options ivtv ivtv_std=1 tuner=57,57
*
You could give that a try in the appropriate place for your distro.
Here's the Gentoo specific page I used to learn this info:
http://gentoo-wiki.com/HARDWARE_PVR_500_Setup
Some of the info is universally helpful, some is specific to Gentoo.

Good luck

Robin