[mythtv-users] How much storage do you have for MythTV?

Chad masterclc at gmail.com
Thu Jan 26 00:59:55 UTC 2006

On 1/25/06, Chad <masterclc at gmail.com> wrote:
> On 1/25/06, Chris Ribe <chrisribe at gmail.com> wrote:
> > My /video partition is 140 GB, but I don't really use myth for recording
> > much.  If I want to make sure something gets recorded, I usemy directv tivo,
> >  If I want watch something on nework tv, I use test-mpeg2 and  mplayer on my
> >  myth box.
> >
> > Come to think of,  I don't really use myth for anything.   I just tinker
> > with it in my spare time for fun.

> > http://www.promise.com/product/product_detail_eng.asp?segment=VTrak&product_id=149

> > > We have a couple of those in our computer room, soon to be deployed.
> > > Very nice... :)
> > >
> > > Tom
>
> I broke down and bought another drive.  I started out with a 200GB
> SATA drive, and for ~100 bucks I picked up a second 250GB SATA, so I'm
> pusingg about 450 for my Myth directory that holds everything Myth
> (data wise, like music, TV, videos... not the application/config's
> etc).
>
> Chad

I mostly just wanted to point out "what's pusingg" :D  I meant pushing...

But, I've also got about 75GB sitting on my desktop for the rare
occasion I turn that into a backend and use it's tuner (when enough
TV's are wanting LiveTV programming).  So that makes it just over 1/2
TB, which sounds much cooler than 450GB...

Chad