[mythtv-users] MythFillDatabase fails when run automatically

Mike Richardson doctor at mcc.ac.uk
Thu Jan 26 16:01:11 UTC 2006

On Thu, Jan 26, 2006 at 03:24:04PM -0000, Dawson, Guy wrote:
> Hi there
>
> Using 0.18.  I've set up Myth to run Mythfilldatabase automatically, which
> it does.  Problem is that it fails with an XML error (reported in system
> status).
>
> If I run it  manually, all is well (it works as user and root).

Is the Whatever.xmltv file in ~/.mythtv for the user that MFDB is being run
as from the crontab?

i.e if the crontab is is running mythfilldatabase as 'mythtv' then
there should be a file like:

/home/mythtv/.mythtv/RT.xmltv

If you did the mythtv-setup as root then the RT.xmltv will probably be in
/root/.mythtv

Alternatively check that mythfilldatabase is in the PATH as understood by
cron. Might need setting in the crontab, depending on how cron is running
mythfilldatabase.

Mike

--
Mike Richardson
Networks
Email: doctor at mcc.ac.uk
*Plain text only please - attachments stripped on arrival*