[mythtv-users] Laptop CPU in Desktop Mainboard

Marius Schrecker marius at schrecker.org
Thu Jan 26 19:00:18 UTC 2006

What do you have in
/sys/devices/system/cpu/cpu0/cpufreq/scaling_available_frequencies ?

That's interesting. I'm using powernowd, which doesn't let me do that. Is
cpufreq-set independant of the minimum frequency in
/sys/devices/system/cpu/cpu0/cpufreq/scaling_min_freq

I've tried manipulating the files directly, but anything lower than the
10000000
already set gives me 100000. With a multiplier of 4 I should be able to
get 800 MHz.

I wish there were also a way to manipulate the voltage settings to drop
below 1 v. at the lowest frequency. The sound of a completely silent cpu
fan would be golden!

Marius