[mythtv-users] nvidia 6x00 vs mythtv and mpeg offload

Big Wave Dave bigwavedave at gmail.com
Thu Jan 26 19:01:35 UTC 2006

My understanding is that the MythTV developers are still working on
the "hooks" to be able to use the 6x00 hardware decoding.  It sounds
like the cards use something other than XvMC.

I personally would like to have component-out from my MythTV, but it
doesn't seem any of the cards that have  the capability can do XvMC.
I'd prefer to not have to use the audio-authority box.

Hopefully someone "smarter" will also reply.

Dave