[mythtv-users] HD3000/FC4 not working

Nick cykoduck at gmail.com
Fri Jan 27 03:21:40 UTC 2006

On 1/26/06, Dawning Sky <the.dawning.sky at gmail.com> wrote:

> On 1/26/06, jason <mythtv at jasons.us> wrote:
>

> > I may have explained it poorly last time.  In analog mode I can hear
> > audio
> > through the HD3000's audio out port.  In dvb mode I can't.
>

> you're not supposed to hear audio through the hd-3000 audio out.  this is
> for analog tv.  for digital tv the audio is embeded in the data stream.
>

> > --
> > -Jason
>

> DS

I am running pretty much the exact same setup but with more CPU
2800 AMD 64 (running 32 system though)
1gb ram
5200
HD3000
 2.6.14-1.1653_FC4
8178 Nvidia kernel

I currently unload the cx88-blackbird then load cx88-dvb manually upon
start.
You need to change the udev to add the mythtv group to the /dev/dvb/*

I record both HD and regular digital content.
My main weirdness was that I couldn't get just alsa working.
I am running the KDE sound system with autodetect and it will switch between
ALSA for HD channels and OSS for regular digital

otherwise I haven't had any problems with recording or playback

lemme know if I can share anything