[mythtv-users] Sports events, LiveTV or Watch Recording?

James C. Dastrup jc at dastrup.com
Fri Jan 27 19:31:55 UTC 2006

> ....I'd love to be able to say, record 30 minutes late
>*unless* it conflicts with another recording on the same channel, but I
>haven't found any way to do that yet....

There are two areas where you can set this.

In Utilities/Setup, Setup, TV Settings, General, Time to record past end of show

And, in the properties of each recording, you can set it to record past
the end of the show.

I'm pretty sure these settings do exactly what you are asking.  The time
extensions are ignored if there is a conflict. I use it all the time, but only
in 2 minutes in each direction, just in case a show starts early or late,
and I hate missing the last 10 seconds of a show.