[mythtv-users] Sports events, LiveTV or Watch Recording?

Robert Tsai rtsai1111 at comcast.net
Fri Jan 27 19:42:15 UTC 2006

On Fri, Jan 27, 2006 at 02:26:05PM -0500, Michael T. Dean wrote:
> On 01/27/2006 01:54 PM, Greg Woods wrote:
> > Setting it to record "NFL Football" any time on any channel
> > automatically caught all the football games for me, but I did have
> > to manually resolve conflicts caused by my "record 30 minutes
> > late" rule overlapping when there were consecutive games on the
> > same channel. I'd love to be able to say, record 30 minutes late
> > *unless* it conflicts with another recording on the same channel,
> > but I haven't found any way to do that yet.
>
> Actually, you did find *the* way to do that--conflict resolution and
> recording overrides.  :)

Well, a less manual way to do the same thing is to use the global
"start early" and "end late" options. The recording schedule records
at the normal non-early and non-late start and end times, but these
global pre-roll and post-roll settings are respected only if they
don't cause a conflict with anything else (this is slightly different
from the OP's in that any conflict -- same channel or different
channel -- will cause this global pre-/post-roll to be ignored).

I don't know offhand where the configuration GUI is for these options,
but it's in there somewhere.

I use a global pre-/post-roll of 5 minutes to deal with the networks'
purposeful DVR-defeating schedule-skew, without causing "hard"
conflicts (although I have two tuners, so this rarely happens).

--Rob