[mythtv-users] PVR 350 / fine tune frequencies

Michael T. Dean mtdean at thirdcontact.com
Sun Jan 29 01:57:15 UTC 2006

On 01/28/2006 06:51 PM, Roger Hanson wrote:
> I think I'm having similar trouble, but with a much larger block of
> channels (Time Warner Cable in Minneapolis) and KnoppMyth installation.
>
> A PVR-350 card that can tune in channels 2-13 in fine, 14-20 are snow,
> 21-36 come in fine, then 37-60 are snow and lastly, 60+ are OK
>
> I've also messed with the fine-tuning on mythweb with no success.  I
> called my cable company and they said they use the standard
> frequencies.  I've tried the other 1 or 2 (don't remember now)
> settings for USA in myth setup with no success either (actually, worse
> results)
>

> Jan 26 11:00:49 pvr kernel: tveeprom: tuner = LG TAPE H001F MK3 (idx =
> 68, type = 47)
> Jan 26 11:00:49 pvr kernel: tuner: type set to 47 (LG NTSC (TAPE
> series)) by ivtv i2c driver #0
According to your init messages, you're using the right tuner type, and
your non-working channels aren't right for using the wrong frequency
list (i.e. using standard instead of HRC or IRC).  However, the symptoms
do sound correct for a bad tuner definition.  Who's tuner module are you
using, the one distributed with your kernel or the one that came with
ivtv?  The one in ivtv 0.4.0 has the correct definition, but then again
so should the one in 2.6.13.2...

Sorry I can't be of more help...

Mike