[mythtv-users] re-record deleted shows

James C. Dastrup jc at dastrup.com
Sun Jan 29 02:43:11 UTC 2006

>   I've got a couple of shows I'd like to rerecord.  Some cases I'd
>like to re-record all episodes, and in other cases I'd like to
>re-record a specific episode.  What's the easiest way to start over
>with a blank history for a show?  What's the easiest way to re-record
>a particular episode?  I'm familiar with phpMyAdmin, so I can get into
>the database and make the changes manually (if needed).

No need to worry about phpMyAdmin or direct database access, as this
ability is already in the GUI.

Manage Recordings - Previously Recorded - and then find a show you
want to re-record, hit Enter on it, and you have the option to Remove
that Episode, or Remove all Episodes with that title.

Once it's gone, MythTV will never now it ever recorded in the past.