[mythtv-users] Recording MPEG-4 to DVD

Brian Wood beww at beww.org
Sun Jan 29 23:59:45 UTC 2006

On Jan 29, 2006, at 4:43 PM, Piers Kittel wrote:

> Thanks very much for your quick reply!
>
> So I encode the video into MPEG-2 following the standard resolution
> for
> PAL DVD, then use a DVD creator tool to make a DVD ISO and then
> burn it
> on DVD?  Will standard MPEG-2 be OK or is there some specific
> version of
> MPEG-2 I need to encode the video into?

The video needs to be 720x480 or 704x480 (assuming NTSC) and meet
some other standards.

dvdstyler is a good option, as was pointed out, the other Linux
option is dvdauthor and its graphical frontend qdvdauthor.

Personally I use my Mac to create DVDs, so I can't tell you much
about the authoring apps.