[mythtv-users] Odd problem setting up Remote Frontend

Chad masterclc at gmail.com
Mon Jan 30 00:22:32 UTC 2006

On 1/29/06, Amankhan <amankhan at gmail.com> wrote:
> On 1/28/06, <fratlee[at]gmail.com > wrote:
>
> >Do you have the firewall enabled on the backend?
>
> No, its turned off and SELinux is disabled.
>
> On 1/28/06, Chad <masterclc[at]gmail.com > wrote:
>
> >A quick last thought:
> >
> >Are the backend and the frontend running the exact same version
> >(0.18.1, 0.18, SVN revision)?
> >
> >They need to be.
>
> Yes, they are.  Just checked it & both are the same.
>
> Jonathan

So, if you take your 'new' frontend out of the equation, and just
change the loopback address on the single machine (the FE/BE combo) to
actual internal IP's (well, just 1 IP, the IP of the machine it's
running on should be in both fields), does this happen then too?  Is
there anything odd about your network setup that we should be thinking
about?  Is MySQL running on the backend or on another machine?

Chad