[mythtv-users] Should a SBE/FE be running mysqld?

f-myth-users@media.mit.edu f-myth-users at media.mit.edu
Mon Jan 30 00:29:02 UTC 2006

    > Date: Mon, 30 Jan 2006 13:03:14 +1300
    > From: Nick Rout <nick at rout.co.nz>

    > See the other replies, but don't just remove the script, use your
    > distro's tools to make sure it stops and won't start again.

Sure; I was speaking informally.  By "delete" I meant "use update-rc.d"
(Ubuntu's name for it) to remove the various symlinks---but your
explanation might be useful to somebody else who comes across this...
Tnx.  (I'm reasonably sure that mysqld was there in the first place
because I built the two machines by building one partway and then
essentially cloning its disk; obviously I missed a step in getting
its services customized.)