[mythtv-users] Jerky Nuv/LiveTV Playback

Brian Wood beww at beww.org
Mon Jan 30 05:14:22 UTC 2006

On Jan 29, 2006, at 10:00 PM, Ronald Kohsman wrote:

> Not sure how to shut it off.
>
> nvidia-settings?

If you are running something later than 0.18.1 there is a checkbox to
disable OpenGL V-Sync support, or so I hear, I'm running 0.18.1.

I wound up just commenting out "load glx" in my /etc/X11/xorg.conf
file, that solved it for me but others have apparently had different
experiences.

You could also re-compile mythtv without OpenGL support but that's a
bit drastic with most distributions (it's easy with Gentoo).

There are inconsistent reports about nVidia drivers, especially 8178
it seems. One difference might be the fact that I'm using the 64-bit
version, which may be behaving differently from the 32-bit ones.
Regressing to older driver versions seem to have helped some folks
but I couldn't get a clean compilation of any older driver module on
a recent kernel.

You didn't mention your distribution so I don't know what
"bitedness" (is that a word?) of driver you're using. I'm running
Gentoo 2.6.15 on an amd64 in 64-bit mode.

Sure hope this all gets straightened out sooner or later.