[mythtv-users] How to tune security access in Mythweb

Jean-Yves Avenard jyavenard at gmail.com
Mon Jan 30 17:20:46 UTC 2006

Hi.

This is not entirely related to MythTV but I guessed somebody here will have
the answer.

I have installed MythWeb and it's working perfectly. What a nice piece of
work, so easy to use and look so good. I'd like to see the ability to edit
the channels in mythtv-setup as it's designed in mythweb, so much easier and
you can delete channels !!

Anyhow, I'd like to give access to a few people to mythweb, but I do not
want them to access the settings page.

So I added a specific password area with:
<Location /mythweb/settings>
    Options FollowSymLinks
    AllowOverride All
        AuthType        Digest
        AuthName        "MythTV/Admin"
        AuthDigestFile  /etc/httpd/password/htpasswd
        Require user admin
    Order allow,deny
    Allow from all
</Location>

However, this will not work, it looks like mythweb keep loading the page
over and over..

How would you secure an area like settings ?

Thanks
JY