[mythtv-users] mythtvburn very hit and miss

Mario Limonciello mario.mailing at gmail.com
Mon Jan 30 17:33:57 UTC 2006

On Mon, 2006-01-30 at 16:16 +0000, Neil Bird wrote:
>    I'm finally getting somewhere with mythtvburn (although it sounds like
> we're about to lose it in0.19 :-/ ).
>
>    Using 0.18.1 on FC4, you seem to have to use 0.82 of ProjectX not the
> latest 0.90.  I couldn't compile 0.82 with Sun's Java 1.5 for some reason so I
> got a copy of someone's binary and I can now produce DVDs with both sound and
> valid cut lists.
>

>    However, I get no menu thumbnail images (animated or static);  this
> wouldn't be the end of the world, & I've not looked at the logs yet.
>
>    More worryingly, I get 50% duff DVDs.  One time it'll work, the next I'll
> get stuttering and freezing motion when playing back (on a DVD player).
>
>    Does anyone else get this?  I've set my NFS up to use TCP (I'm doing this
> on a box that's not my PVR) to fetch the nuv files, and I've only done it (so
> far) while myth isn't watching live TV or recording.

Well I was able to use the patch posted to the list recently to apply
against mythburn-ui, and build that no troubles for one of these pre .19
versions (8662 i think i am running).

The scripts however, needed a bit of hacking at to make sure that they
weren't looking for "nuv" files anymore, but instead mpg.  Also, I had
some trouble with Xvfb dropping all connections that project X made.

After all said and done, i've burned two dvds now.

I did one with commercials still in, no trouble, and then one with
commercials cutlists used.  I haven't watched all the way through the
one with cutlists to make sure A/V is still synced up fine, but for at
least 40 minutes in it seems okay.