[mythtv-users] AverTV USB box & Mythtv - will it work in 0.19?

Stephen Hocking stephen.hocking at gmail.com
Mon Jan 30 19:50:19 UTC 2006

Hi All,

Just recently became the proud owner of one of these beasts - orks
fine with mplayer, but Myth has something of a problem with it. My
backend has run out of PCI slots, so it's basically my only way of
grabbing extra tuners. Looking at its behaviour with tzap, I see that
the signal strength seems to drop to zero once lock has been achieved.
How mplayer copes with this I have no idea, but it seems to keep on
going. Is it supported in SVN (I'm running 18.stable at the moment)
and will it be supported in the upcoming release?

    Stephen

PS - And will DVB channel scanning work OK in the upcoming release?