[mythtv-users] Can MythTV do this?

Kris Cote kris at storm3.com
Mon Jan 30 21:43:56 UTC 2006

----- Original Message -----
From: "Joseph A. Caputo" <jcaputo1 at comcast.net>
To: "Discussion about mythtv" <mythtv-users at mythtv.org>
Sent: Monday, January 30, 2006 1:44 PM
Subject: Re: [mythtv-users] Can MythTV do this?

On Monday 30 January 2006 14:32, Kris Cote wrote:
> [...]

[snip]

> You'd also need redistribution rights from the broadcasters, which I
> believe would mean that you'd need a c-band dish so you can work it
> out with them directly (since the cable company certainly won't give
> it to you).
>
> Nope, they most likley won't. Whew, yeah getting distribution rights
> is going to be good. Not all that difficult from what I understand,
> just expensive.

I seem to recall an article posted here a year or two back about someone
in Canada who had done this, and the redistribution rights were
ridiculously cheap.  It just made me all the more annoyed with the
cable company/big content cartel.

If I find the article I'll re-post it.

-JAC
Thanks, I'd like to read it.

Kris Cote - Storm3 Communications Inc.
Phone 403 331 4000
http://www.storm3.com
kris at storm3.com
Wholesale  & Retail VoIP in Canada and the USA
Wholesale DSL in every Enabled community in North America