[mythtv-users] hdtv file size?

Brian Wood beww at beww.org
Mon Jan 30 22:17:41 UTC 2006

On Jan 30, 2006, at 3:11 PM, Steve Daniels wrote:

> [...]
Back when I worked in "the business", and we were just starting to
transition to digital video, I had a hard time trying to explain to
certain managers that the traditional "Bars and Tone" was not a
particularly useful test signal.

Especially after one particularly stodgy fellow made some predictions
about storage requirements based on his "1 hour recording", of B&T of
course. He was exuberant about how much "video" we could store on a
1GB drive.

Needless to say...