[mythtv-users] US-Broadcast, Hauppage WinTV, Fedora Core 2

Michael T. Dean mtdean at thirdcontact.com
Mon Jan 30 22:27:08 UTC 2006

Yan Seiner wrote:

>(This is a continuation of the 'MythTV and TV' thread I started, except
>that it has moved more from config to debugging... so I figured I'd
>rename it and post detailed data again.)
>
>I am using a Hauppage WinTV card - see below - and having some problems
>with tuning and changing channels.  The system is a Fedora Core 2 SMP
>box, running mythtv 0.18.1 from rpms.

You're most likely using the wrong tuner module definition.  On the
bright side, now that you've tried one, there's only some 68 more to
try...  Or, if you're averse to the trial and error and error and error
approach, Google for more info on your capture card/setup--and remember
that often a single card type may have any of several different tuner
modules and just because you get perfect audio/video on some channels
doesn't mean you have the right module (only proof of the right module
is getting perfect audio/video on _all_ channels).

Mike