[mythtv-users] Recording problems

David Whyte david.whyte at gmail.com
Tue Jan 31 03:32:11 UTC 2006

On 1/31/06, Michael Fox <fox.michael at gmail.com> wrote:

> Any hints? Not much in the way of suggestions in the archives.

This has been happening to me on a regular basis for months now.  It
happened to me again yesterday.  Check the archives for a trhead named
'zero byte recordings' or similar.

I think I improved the situation when I set the card to only be opened
by myth when it is recording (mythtv-setup > Capture Card screen).
Otherwise, the card would stay locked until it tried tuning to the
next channel and so subsequent recordings on the same channel with the
same card would fail, until I restarted mythbackend.  This way, only
the one recording is affected.

I have no idea of the cause, but I kinda hope it is fixed in 0.19.
One solution would be to attempt a re-tune after getting 10 or so 'no
data from card' messages.

Whytey

I have GMail invites, if you want one, email me direct.