[mythtv-users] Selecting different sources

Nick knowledgejunkie at gmail.com
Tue Jan 31 16:41:03 UTC 2006

On 31/01/06, Nathan A. Smith <nasa01 at comcast.net> wrote:
> On Mon, 2006-01-30 at 18:04 +0000, Nick wrote:
> > On 30/01/06, Nathan A. Smith <nasa01 at comcast.net> wrote:
> > > Hi,
> > >
> > > As I continue my weeks long quest to get all the kinks out of my myth
> > > setup, I will introduce areas I am struggling with.
> > >
> > > For this topic:
> > >
> > > I have straight cable going into my mythbox (via a pvr-500) and cable
> > > coming from my digital cable box going into the same pvr-500.  My
> > > question is: how do I switch sources?
> > >
> > > http://www.mythtv.org/docs/mythtv-HOWTO-11.html#ss11.1
> > >
> > > Says that Y switches between multiple cards...  But doing that only
> > > results in seeing the same stream again (yes split out by my pvr-500 so
> > > the channel maybe different).
> > >
> > > I have setup in mythtv-setup,
> > >
> > > /dev/video0 (Tuner) -> cable
> > > /dev/video0 (Composite) -> cable1
> > > /dev/video1 (Tuner) -> cable
> >
> > >From keys.txt:
> >
> > C to change inputs on TV Tuner card
> >
> > Have you tried this?
> >
> > Nick
> Thanks for the reply Nick,
>
> I tried this, but it doesn't seem to work.  Basically when I press 'c'
> I get channel 2 (always), which is not what my digital box is tuned too.
> Note: Digital box is connected to myth box via composite cables.  In
> addition, pressing I or i -- doesn't tell me anything about what source
> is being used.
>
> Someone please educate this mislead soul...

Nathan,

When you change card/input, there should be text top-left stating
which input is being used - i.e. mine will change from Composite 0 to
DVBInput when changing from direct input to DVB. Do you get similar
information?

Also, check that your starting channel for the composite input is
valid (check the backend log for any errors when you try to change
input/card in LiveTV) and that this is not stopping it from being
selected.

Are you able to schedule and successfully record on the composite
input (i.e. is this just related to LiveTV)?

Nick