[mythtv-users] connecting mythbox to HD tv -- dvi->hdmi or vga->component

Gabe Rubin gaberubin at gmail.com
Tue Jan 31 18:31:36 UTC 2006

I am upgrading my myth box, and will get some sort of geforce card to
output to my hdtv.  My tv can take component or hdmi inputs.  My
preference would be to get a geforce card with dvi out and then get a
dvi->hdmi cable to run it properly as I would like to avoid paying an
extra $100 for a vga->component converter.

My questions are:
1) will this be decent quality?
2) is this even possible with HDCP issues?
3) can someone recommend a good cheap card that will handle this,
preferably fanless that fits into a AGP slot.  Keep in mind, I want to
HD playback.

Thanks!