[mythtv-users] connecting mythbox to HD tv -- dvi->hdmi or vga->component

Gabe Rubin gaberubin at gmail.com
Tue Jan 31 19:17:21 UTC 2006

OK, great.  I will look for component out on a 5200, didnt even
realize that existed.  If I do go with dvi, should I look into dvi-d
or dvi-i or does that make a difference?

The reason I am inclined to go digital is because I suffer from a
ground loop issue.  I see a faint scroll on the tv with my current
setup (pvr-350 out) and a hum with my windows box audio plugged in.  I
picked up a new setup that has sp/dif out, I assume that will take
care of the hum, and DVI I assume will take care of the scroll.