No subject

Fri Jan 20 20:58:57 UTC 2006

and ATSC cards. But don't delete the table, I don't know if it will be
recreated. You can delete what is in it, but you don't really need to.
You can just add the QAM frequencies to it, they will get unique
mplexid's you can use in the channel table.

> - atscscan found 337 entries and so far I can lock onto everyone I've tri=
ed with
> azap but I can't get mplayer to play any of them.  I've only tried about =
a half
> dozen so I may just be unlucky but is it normal to be able to lock onto a
> channel but not play it (it says it can't find a video stream)?  I downlo=
aded
> and compiled the latest version of mplayer but still no luck.

They could be encrypted streams, at which point atscscan will see the
stream, but mplayer won't be able to play them. This is the reason for
the verification process, atscscan doesn't check for playability of
the streams, just their existance.

> - atscscan didn't reveal channel names for any of the 337 channels.  I ta=
ke it
> this is info that my cable company isn't sending.  If I call my cable pro=
vider
> what additional field of info should I ask them to transmit so that I can=
 get
> the channel names?  Time Warner Cable will probably just laugh at me when=
 I ask
> but it can't hurt to try :)

They don't have to send the information, odds are they won't, since
"you should be using one of their digital cable boxes". I believe the
information is sent in the PMT data, hopefully someone that actually
knows will answer this properly...

I just used mplayer to tune the channels to figure out what they were,
then created a custom channels.conf with the proper names.

--
Steve