[mythtv-users] can people from India use myth tv???

Phill Edwards philledwards at gmail.com
Sat Jul 1 12:20:53 UTC 2006

>  Please let me whether we people from India can use myth tv to record Live
> Tv and watch programs!
>  If it is please tell me the source .
>  I wanna build Myth Tv in my Linux Suse 10.0.
>  Please respond immeadiately.

I would have thought you can use it. My advice is to use Fedora Core
and the binary rpms from ATrpms and follow Jarod Wilson's excellent
guide at http://wilsonet.com/mythtv/. This is the easiest way to get
up and running in my opinion. But if you want to use SUSE that's your
choice, of course.

The only problem you may have is getting electronic program guide data
but I'm sure someone in India somewhere has written a grabber already
in which case you're all set. Search the archives at
http://www.gossamer-threads.com/lists/mythtv/users/ to see if anyone
else has got it working.

Regards,
Phill