[mythtv-users] Mythbackend causing high load

Jeff jeff3140 at gmail.com
Sun Jul 2 01:06:55 UTC 2006

On 6/28/06, Mike Benoit <ipso at snappymail.ca> wrote:
> How much free space do you have available on your ReiserFS partition?
>
> I discovered I need about 10% (30gb) free space on my 300gb drive to
> keep the problem from happening, recordings have been flawless since I
> discovered this.

I'll free up some space and see if I can make the problem stop. It had
gone away for a while but maybe that was because I cleaned a bunch of
stuff up. Currently mythbackend status reports:
    * Total Space: 472,752 MB
    * Space Used: 439,528 MB
    * Space Free: 33,224 MB
and every recording sends mythbackend to 99% cpu time and the
recordings are useless.