[mythtv-users] Artifacts in PVR-150 recordings

Sage sage at gypsycaravan.com
Sun Jul 2 17:17:34 UTC 2006

I've already increased the bitrate to 9000, and the max bitrate to
12000.  The capture resolution is 720x480.  That's a fairly big stream
so I thought maybe the swap partition might be affecting throughput.
I used to have a PVR-350 card, and it handled this bitrate and
resolution with no problems.  At the time, however, my swap partition
was not on the same drive as my recordings.

Could it be a driver issue?  I know the PVR-150 uses a newer chip than
the PVR-350.