[mythtv-users] Mytharchive problems

SpEnT spentboy at gmail.com
Mon Jul 3 03:49:34 UTC 2006

I'm guessing it's something in my config but I just can't figure out
what. I've been trying for a while now to get mytharchive working and
I just can't seem to get it to do anything. Basically I want to create
a DVD .img or .iso on my myth backend and then move it to my machine
that actually has a DVD burner in it.

This is a Mandriva/Mandrake 10.1 machine. I've double checked to make
sure I have to correct versions of software including compiling the
latest python and PIL and mysqldb *stuff*. For the longest time I got
the pausing Log Viewer screen but now it runs!!!  The problem is I get
a couple of errors I'm not sure how to debug further.

When mytharchive runs I get one line right at the beginning "Failed to
run mytharchivehelper to get mysql database parameters! Exit code:
-11"  and I'm assuming that this error is the reason I get the one
that causes it to terminate: "ERROR: Failed while running
mytharchivehelper to get stream information from "/my/video/file"
"Terminated"

Is there something else I have to configure or set up so the
mytharchivehelper can get the db parameters? or is this not the
problem? It does show (right after the initial error) that it is
Obtaining settings and date and time from my db and it does list the
corrrect hostname, I'm just not sure why it's error'ing out.

Any help or kicks in the right direction are appreciated,

Lonny