[mythtv-users] Mythbackend causing high load

Ryan Steffes rbsteffes at gmail.com
Mon Jul 3 13:20:10 UTC 2006

On 7/3/06, Jeff <jeff3140 at gmail.com> wrote:

> > Maybe it's time to look for a new FS that's a bit better. Can ReiserFS
> be
> > defragged?
> >
> > CH
> >

> ReiserFS isn't supposed to need defragging. ReiserFS4 comes with a
> "repacker".
>
> I suppose its time to swith filesystems. I supspect I would lean
> towards xfs. People seem to have good success with that. jfs2 might be
> another good choice but I don't know whether it is out for Linux yet.
> I'm guessing that since there's a jfs2, jfs might not be the best
> choice.

I recently upgraded my kernel and haven't had the problem since.  It's too
soon to tell for sure because I also cleared up some disk space, but this is
the first full week of uptime I've actually had in a very long time.  I've
had no glitches, crashes, or other problems since I upgraded.  I'm now
running 2.6.12-22mdk (Mandriva's kernel package) and was running
2.6.12-12mdk, so it may be worth inquiring to see if there's something
they've fixed in the last couple months that may be related.

Ryan