[mythtv-users] How to make sure devices are always in the same order.

Jean-Yves Avenard jyavenard at gmail.com
Mon Jul 3 15:22:06 UTC 2006

Hi

I have my Fedora Core 5 box running 2.6.17, with 3 DVB-T cards (one
PCI and two USBs).

The IR sensor is the one from the PCI card (a digitalnow DVB Live! Pro).

When the PC boot, most of the time, the IR card is seen as
/dev/input/adapter0), but some other time, after a reboot it will be
seen as /dev/input/adapter2 or adapter3..

Running lirc daemon means that from time to time my keyboard will then
stop working.

What could I di to force the devices to be recognized in the same
order all the time so this doesn't happen.

Thanks
JY