[mythtv-users] How to make sure devices are always in the same order.

Matthias Thyroff Matthias at thyroff.net
Mon Jul 3 15:27:12 UTC 2006

Hi,

I did have a  similar problem, with a dvb-s and a dvb-t card, which were
recognized as adapter 0 or 1 as the machine wanted at boot.

So I included their drivers in /etc/modprobe/blacklist, i.e. they are not
loaded automatically anymore (I am on Ubuntu Dapper, your system might be
different), and included the modprobe commands for them in /etc/rc.local. Now
they are loaded and numbered in the order they appear in rc.local.

There might be a more elegent way, though - I would be curious to know it,
let's see what comes up.

Cheers

	Matthias