[mythtv-users] Mytharchive problems

Paul Harrison mythtv at dsl.pipex.com
Mon Jul 3 17:54:30 UTC 2006

SpEnT wrote:
> I figured I may as well post the full output in case something obvious
> is happening and I'm just not seeing it. I did notice the [nuv @
> 0x41e012e0]Could not find codec parameters (Video: mpeg4, 720x480) but
> further down it seems to find the info on the nuv?  Anyway here's the
> full output from mythburn.log from beginning to failure:
>
> mythburn.py (0.1.20060629-1) starting up...
> Process priority 8
> script path:/usr/local/share/mythtv/mytharchive/scripts
> myth share path:/usr/local/share/mythtv
> passed job file: /mnt/store/dvdrip/config/mydata.xml
> passed progress log file: /mnt/store/dvdrip/logs/progress.log
> mythburn.py (0.1.20060629-1) starting up...
> Failed to run mytharchivehelper to get mysql database parameters! Exit code: -11

<snip>

> ERROR: Failed while running mytharchivehelper to get stream
> information from "/mnt/store/1155_20050710220000_20050710223000.nuv"
>
> Terminated
> All of the xml files show the correct data about the file (length,
> description etc) so it's making the connection to the database fine
> etc. Is there some more verbose logging or errors I can generate to
> figure out why this is failing? Anything obvious I'm missing?
>
> Thanks everyone,
> Lonny

Both of the above errors point to the fact that mytharchivehelper is
failing to run for some reason. An exit code of -11 means it segfaulted.
Strange it runs OK from the command line but appears to fail when run
from the script. Were you using the same user you run mythtv with when
you run it from the command line ? Are you sure you don't have two
versions of mytharchivehelper installed?

Paul H.