[mythtv-users] commercial flagging and transcode jobs dying

jafa hdtv at silicondust.com
Mon Jul 3 18:04:10 UTC 2006

> Hi guys,
>
> Yesterday I noticed my machine was getting behind on the job queue... it
> was working on a transcoding job but very slowly. A quick check showed
> that the mythcommflag was using 80% of the CPU even though there were no
> active commercial jobs (according to mythtv system status). BTW - I have
> the cpu option for the job queue set to high (nice = 0) and limited to
> one job at a time.
>
> I set up another mythtv backend to provide some more CPU power so it
> could catch up.... This morning I noticed that a transcoding job on the
> second backend was stuck at 50% progress. The mythtranscode process was
> not running. No obvious error messages.
>
> I did an svn update, recompiled, and now it is transcoding the same job
> again. It will be interesting to see if it has the same problem in the
> same place.

Both good and bad... the problem is repeatable :-)

Mythtranscode died in the same place... 1 hour into the 2 hour program.

Mythbackend shows:

2006-07-03 09:56:50.592 XDS: Current Program Length 2:00 Time in Show
0:59.00
2006-07-03 09:57:33.627 XDS: Current Program Length 2:00 Time in Show
1:00.00
2006-07-03 09:58:06.048 TFW: safe_write(): funky usleep

The recording plays ok in mythtv.

Nick