[mythtv-users] irsend stopped working...

Nick knowledgejunkie at gmail.com
Mon Jul 3 23:11:18 UTC 2006

On 03/07/06, mythtv_list at mfaconsulting.com
<mythtv_list at mfaconsulting.com> wrote:

> All of a sudden my irsend command stopped working on my mythbox...which is
> annoying me....I haven't changed anything that I can think of, but now i
> miss all my scheduled programs.
>
> I get
>
> irsend: command failed: SEND_ONCE XYZ 1
> irsend: unknown remote: "XYZ"
>
> I have lircd.conf in ONLY 1 place
>
> /etc/lircd.conf
>
> I can restart lircd just fine with
>
> /sbin/service lircd.conf restart
>
> if I go irsend LIST "" "" it returns nothing.
>

> Any ideas of how I've stuffed this up?

XYZ is a somewhat unlikely (but still possible) name for a remote
definition. You need to make sure the irsend script is referencing an
existing remote definition in /etc/lircd.conf that controls your
external box.

Run

$ grep "name" /etc/lircd.conf

This should give the names of the remote definitions LIRC is aware of.
You then need to update your irsend script to point to the correct
remote definition's name for your external box.

(Note that it is possible to have more than one remote definition in
your LIRC config - each remote config must be within its own 'begin
remote/end remote' block)

Nick
--
MythTV Official wiki: