[mythtv-users] mythtv cams and ci and technotrend 1500c

Lasse Knudsen lasse.h.knudsen at gmail.com
Tue Jul 4 13:23:50 UTC 2006

Hello,

Im getting more and more confused with this dvb thing. Currently im running
mythtv 0.18 using a C1500  budget technotrend card, i can watch the free to
air channels, all two of them. The thing is i have at via access cam lying
around (red label), i can see that the this cam should be supported by the
drivers, but how with mythtv, does myth tv support the encrypted channels,
when i have all the hardware?

originally i had a twinhahn cab-ci, that worked in windows for decoding
channels, but i was persuaded to change, to mythtv and that card is
definitely not supported by mythtv

So my question is, can i watch the scrambled channels using technotrend
card, with an addonCI my CAM and my subscription card?

br
Lasse Knudsen