[mythtv-users] AU Specific Questions

Phil Vid phil.vid at gmail.com
Wed Jul 5 00:03:30 UTC 2006

> > Dave Oxley wrote:
> >> You have thought about going the DVB route I take it? I run a Hauppauge
> >> DVB-S CI and DVB-T for Digital satellite (Austar) and Digital FTA. The
> >> DVB-T gives me HD or SD.
>
> Foxtel use a different encryption (NDS I think) which you can't get a
> CAM for. Austar use Irderto 2 which you can get a CAM for. There is also
> Optus, but I don't know what encryption they use. The CAM plugs into the
> CI socket on a DVB-S card. Hauppage do the Nova-S-CI which I use and has
> a CI socket.

Foxtel 'digital' satellite uses NDS, Foxtel 'analogue' or original
satellite uses Irdeto. It is possible to make myth work with original
Foxtel, Irdeto CAM and a DVB-S card either the Hauppauge or the budget
CI cards.
If you don't have original Foxtel already though I don't think you'll
be able to purchase it anymore. There are no known CAMs available for
NDS.