[mythtv-users] possible p2p approach for mythtv information?

tom roth rawdlite at googlemail.com
Wed Jul 5 08:52:21 UTC 2006

On 04/07/06, Aaron Harwood <aharwood at aerosoul.com.au> wrote:

> So MythRatings may be the module that we are looking for.--a

I have been pondering a while on that one. And no, a rating system is not
what i would be interested in.
A rating system would give me the movies most people like (and already know
about).
So the result would be only mainstream films.

OTOH with a recommendation system, that is based on collaborative filtering
i might have a chance to catch some of the few truffles hidden in the sea of
mediocre films.

Example: when there is Terminator 3 and an old Jean-Luc Godard Film shown at
the same time, i would want my system to record the Godard Movie.
When it comes to feature films and documentaries the same would apply i
think.

But then this is just me. Or is it ?
If anybody is still interested in this issue, i would suggest to continue
the discusson under a more apropriate subject like "rating vs
recommendation"

rawdlite