[mythtv-users] Recommendations Please, TV Card

HILLSGROVE,MICHAEL mikeah at cablespeed.com
Wed Jul 5 17:04:13 UTC 2006

What is the easiest to get working and most compatible TV
card for a Linux machine?  I live in the United States. I
don't need to fight it, something that works is fine. It
doesn't have to be HD, but I do want to use the PVR
function.

My machine is a homebuilt AMD64x2, 2 gig RAM, unlimited
storage (I have an NAS device), ASUS mainboard, and a
NVIDIA 6600 PCI-E card with 256 RAM.  I would prefer to
put it on Linspire, but I do have UBUNTU, XANDROS hard
drives available.  If need be, I'll add another distro
HDD.  (All HDD's are in a rack, I swap them out as
required).

The machine was designed to be high end - and absolutely
LINUX compatible from the mainboard on up. Every version
of Linux that I've tried works flawlessly.  XINE works
perfectly under Linspire, as do all other players
(KPLAYER, MPLAYER, etc).

So, if you wanted to do this in the absolutely EASIEST
way, what card would you get?