[mythtv-users] possible p2p approach for mythtv information?

Michael T. Dean mtdean at thirdcontact.com
Thu Jul 6 18:01:11 UTC 2006

On 07/05/2006 09:00 PM, Brad DerManouelian wrote:

>On Jul 5, 2006, at 5:43 PM, Kim Wall wrote:
>
>>Kevin Kuphal wrote:
>>
>>>I have a hard time even seeing the value of sharing this data.
>>>My commercial detection generates a
>>>near perfect cut/skip-list for me within an hour of the completion of
>>>the recording
>>>
>>You obviously don't live in the UK, or anywhere else where the
>>commercial flagger is 95% useless
>>
>I think putting the effort in a better commercial flagger is the way
>to go. That way everyone benefits without having to open up their
>machine to other users. Just my 2p.

Hmmm.  Perhaps this would be a good SoC project...
http://mythtv.org/wiki/index.php/SoC2006#MythCommFlag_Enhancements

Now, if only there were a student named Randall Robertson who had
already begun working on it under mentorship of Chris Pinkham.  I'm sure
by now he could have had his own branch (
http://svn.mythtv.org/trac/browser/branches/commflagging ), could have
done some code checkins (
http://svn.mythtv.org/trac/log/branches/commflagging ), and could have
even posted a progress report