[mythtv-users] upgrade to .19 issues

Michael T. Dean mtdean at thirdcontact.com
Fri Jul 7 05:11:53 UTC 2006

On 07/06/2006 10:04 PM, matt lutz wrote:
> I just upgraded my system from .18 to .19.  I have a dedicated backend
> & an xbox frontend (xebian 1.4).  Just about everything worked fine in
> .18, but now that I've upgraded, fast forward and rewind work, but
> very poorly.  When I skip forward, it takes about 1-2 seconds to reset
> and start playing again.  It's really kind of a pain when I'm skipping
> through a commercial.  Similarly, to seek forward at any speed faster
> than 3x freezes the screen.  It does move ahead when I start playing
> at normal speed again, but I can't see where it is at any particular time.

Sounds like a corrupt database.  I recommend running optimize_mythdb.pl
(from the contrib directory) and setting it up as a daily cron job.
Once you've run the script (and especially if it finds/fixes a corrupt
recordedmarkup table), run "mythcommflag --rebuild" on the recordings
that don't allow skipping properly.

Mike