[mythtv-users] FC5 VIA XvMC What Am I Missing?

Calin Brabandt cbrabandt at yahoo.com
Fri Jul 7 06:08:23 UTC 2006

Date: Thu, 6 Jul 2006 22:51:21 -0400
From: "Jake Thompson" <jake at jakethompson.com>
Subject: Re: [mythtv-users] FC5 VIA XvMC What Am I
Missing?
To: "Discussion about mythtv"
<mythtv-users at mythtv.org>
> Ok, disabling audio and the video plays fine, is
this an ALSA problem,
> I am
> resampling to 4800bps since I am using SPDIF
passthrough, could this be
the
> cause of the problem?

> -Jake

I find it stutter with /dev/dsp too with/without SPDIF
passthrough.

I think we are onto something here.  There's an
interaction between audio and video.  Someone who
understands this system better than I might be able to
figure it out with this clue.  I checked for shared
IRQs, but found none.

-Cal